WM USA long beach

Treffpunkt, Talk, Grüsse, dies und das...
Antworten
sven
Regattawart

WM USA long beach

Beitrag von sven » 06.10.2011, 13:43

Moin ,moin,

gerade ereicht mich folgende Info:

Greeting all,

At the World Council meeting in Hungary a few months back I volunteered to find out about options to get F-18’s over to Long Beach LA for the 2012 Worlds.
Well, the task has ended up being a lot more complicated than I thought, mainly due to the bulky nature and odd size of the cargo. Numerous requests to air freight companies have come back negative or have simply not been returned.

But, (and thanks to Andrew Gallagher) I found an F18 sailor in the UK who is in the air freight industry.
We have been given an estimate of around US$3 per kg each way for the flight.
So, for a boat weighing 180kg, some packaging and dolly its about 200kg – So it will cost about €1400 to fly the boats there and back. On top of this, there will be a charge for customs clearance in the USA and transporting the boats from the airport to the yacht club and back (hopefully the hosting club can arrange this and sort customs??).
In terms of timing, the advice is to send the boats 2 weeks before the event to insure enough time for customs clearance (a slow process in the USA).
So the total period for the boats to be away is 4 weeks aprox.

I am still waiting to get more on shipping costs but initial estimates to send 3no 40ft containers is $16,000 each way and this includes delivery, customs etc.
This works out at about €700 per boat. But the bad news is that it takes about 35 days each way for the shipping – allow for loading, delivery etc, means 6 weeks either way. – total time the boats are away would be 14 to 16 weeks.

I am still researching other alternatives which include mixed air and sea or possibly ship to the east coast of USA then rail or road to LA.

Regards
Wyatt

Viele Grüße Sven

Martin
KV-Mitglied
Boot: GER 346
Club: CCFF
Re: WM USA long beach

Beitrag von Martin » 06.10.2011, 14:34

Die Rechnung für den Lufttransport erscheint mir irgendwie komisch....
Bei einem Umrechnungskurs von ca. 0,7 komme ich auf knapp 900 Euro, wenn man die 3$ pro Kilo zugrunde legt.
Wäre ja fast ein Schnäppchen...

JUT
KV-Mitglied
Boot: GER 13

Beitrag von JUT » 06.10.2011, 16:01

Bleiben nur noch die Nebenkosten für Handling, Verzollung und Verpackung!

Wir werden das ja noch genauer erfahren.

Wer will denn eigentlich mit?

Grüße

Jens Uwe

Martin
KV-Mitglied
Boot: GER 346

Beitrag von Martin » 06.10.2011, 16:29

Ich bin unschlüssig... hängt davon ab, wie lange ich hier segeln kann und ob sich eine Überschneidung mit der IDB im September ergibt oder nicht. Genaue Termine sind ja auch noch nicht bekannt?! Wäre auch ein Anreiz, wenn der Container / Flieger auf dem Rückweg in GranCanaria einen Zwischenstopp macht.

Antworten